6:20 p.m. ~ All coaches and players should be at the bonfire by the Varsity baseball field.
6:30 p.m. ~ Master of Ceremonies, Greg Dlhopolsky, will begin the bonfire by saying a few inspiring words about our teams, players and Greenport. Next will be the introduction of the cheerleading coach, Ms. Berry, who will then come and stand with Greg, who will then introduce the cheerleaders, one by one. The cheerleaders will lead the crowd in an opening cheer.
The bonfire will then continue with the following teams, coaches and players being introduced in the following manner:
- Varsity Golf, coached by Mr. Fujita, assisted by JV Coach Mr. Ellis. Introduce the Varsity players who will step forward.
- Mr. Dlhopolsky will introduce the varsity athletes (Cross Country, Girls Soccer) who participated in a Southold hosted sport.
- Varsity Field Hockey, coached by Ms. Lillis, assisted by Ms. Daniels. Introduce the players who will step forward and join Ms. Lillis.
- Varsity Soccer, coached by Mr. Golden, assisted by JV Coach Mr. Taylor. Introduce the Varsity players who will step forward and join Mr. Golden.
- Bring back the cheerleaders for their second inspiring cheer of the evening.
- Varsity Volleyball, coached by Mr. Gunther and assisted by JV Coach Mr. Fioretti. Introduce the Varsity players who will step forward and join Mr. Gunther.
- The cheerleaders will then give their third cheer of the evening.
- Mr. Dlhopolsky will then get the crowd “fired up” by saying a few more words about our 3-1 football team, then introduce Coach Martilotta who will then take the microphone, recognize assistant coached Doucett and Creighton, JV Coaches Tulley and McArdle, say a few words and introduce his Varsity players.
- Mr. Dlhopolsky will then conclude the evening by reminding the crowd about the following upcoming events:
- Tomorrow (Thursday) Varsity Volleyball at home at 4 p.m. vs. Shelter Island, followed by an under-the-lights Varsity boys soccer match at 6 p.m. between Greenport and Southold.
- Friday, our Homecoming Parade. All participants please meet at the IGA parking lot at 5:45 p.m. The parade will start at 6 p.m. and go through Greenport, concluding at the Dorrie Jackson Football Field.
- Finally, our Homecoming game at 7 p.m. between Greenport and Wyandanch will cap off at great Homecoming weekend at GHS.
- Thank you all for coming and enjoy the rest of your evening. Should all conclude by 7:00/7:15 p.m.