School Business Administrator
- School Business Administrator (SBA, SDBL) or
School District Administrator (SDA)
- Master’s Degree and/or Advanced Degree in Business/Accounting (prefered)
- Demonstrated analytical and supervisory abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of school business
- Understanding of the regulatory environment of K-12 District’s financials, including federal, State and local laws, regulations and school policies.
Reports to: Superintendent of Schools
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervise the management of the financial affairs of the School District.
- Manage, and supervise all budgetary, payroll, purchasing, investment, borrowing, and accounting operations of the District and maintain complete financial records.
- Developing the annual budget, including administering a budget control, supervising the accounting of all income and expenditures, and assuming responsibility for the receipt and expenditure of School District funds.
- Supervises District Treasurer, Payroll Officer and Purchasing Agent.
- Coordinate and supervise all Capital Improvement Project.
- Supervise the collection, safekeeping and distribution of all funds.
- Supervise the District’s support services in the area of transportation & security
- Arrange for internal auditing of school accounts
- Provide assistance to the Superintendent of Schools in the formulation of school policies related to business management.
- Act as the advisor to the Superintendent in all matters relating to the business and financial affairs of the District.
- Assisting the Superintendent in long-range budget development and directing the process of school funds to ensure that the District derives maximum benefits for the expenditure of school funds.
- Attend Board meetings and prepare such reports for the Board as the Superintendent may request.
- Serve as a member of the Superintendent’s Administrative Council
- Supervise the maintenance of inventories and property records for the District.
- Supervise the Risk Management, Records Management, and Emergency Management Programs for the District.
- Knowledgeable of negotiating and implementing Collective Bargaining Agreements